Sunday, December 22, 2013

The end of an era

Can we talk about how it's been 70 degrees here (and elsewhere across the country) for the past two days?


Weather like this makes me want to cry happy tears. We spent my day off breathing in as much of the warm air as we possibly could. Sadly, it won't be around for much longer. 

We walked around downtown, did some last-minute shopping, and shared a milkshake and a bagel (random combo). 



The bagel (white & black with jalapeno cheddar cream cheese) was so good that we decided to go back for more to take home. Only they didn't have any more of the bagels we wanted, or the cream cheese, so we settled on two flavors which turned out to not be very good. When will I learn that I almost always regret food impulse buys? I literally still have all the impulse buys I've picked up since moving here. I eat a little bit and then they just...sit there. Unless my husband jumps on the grenade and finishes them for me. 

We ended the day at Men's Wearhouse, where my husband picked out two new suits for his Christmas present. His new job starts in January <-- really the best Christmas present I could ask for. 

I feel like one (very small) chapter of my life is coming to a close. Tomorrow night we leave for Boston, where we'll spend Christmas with my fam, and when we get back a few things will be different. My husband will be working 40+ hours, with a normal schedule, and I'll be in classes again at the end of January. I'll also be adding a few new responsibilities to my plate at work. Shortly after that, Spring will be on the horizon, and we'll start talking more seriously about where we'll be moving over the summer. This chapter has been extremely challenging, but extremely rewarding, and I'm so, so happy with my life right now. I think the next chapter will also be both, but in new ways. I'm very optimistic, and we all know that's not a word I use to describe myself often :)

I'll see you all from Newton!

xo







No comments:

Post a Comment